The crash of the price of paper gold on Monday has unleashed an unprecedented global frenzy to
buy gold and silver. Reason being people worldwide are realizing the unique opportunity to be able
to acquire large amounts of gold at a reasonable price. Therefore precious metal dealers now find
themselves being overwhelmed with orders worldwide.
Will the sudden change in demand effect the availability of these precious metals. The past thew
weeks has resulted in massive increase in demand, and doesn’t seem like the purchasing will stop any
time soon. If large high street banks continue to play games with the price of gold we are going to see
existing supplies of physical gold and silver dry up very quickly. Hopefully the gold and silver stock does
not run out because potentially rock the financial world to the ground.
April 24th a record 63,500 ounces AKA two tons of gold were reported sold on April 17 th Alone, making
the total sales for the month to 147,000 ounces or more than the previous two months combined with
just half the month gone.
Gold retailers in the United States are finding it difficult to keep up with demand and delaying potential
purchases up to 5 or 6 weeks per purchase, therefore gold consumers need to be more aware that gold
can be available worldwide, and holds the same value, apart from different tax implications.
As mentioned earlier the physical demand for gold is worldwide, especially in Europe as well. Unique
selling points for gold retailers were next day delivery, which has become impossible in recent time.
Here is a recent indicator for waiting time around the world
Japan – 3 Hours
China – 24 hours
India – People are getting hold of whatever they can.
Singapore – Struggling, planning on delayed payments.
- Gold Panic (theinvesmentman.wordpress.com)
- Speculator Gold Gross Shorts At All Time Highs (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- Four Important Facts to Remember About Gold (dailyresourcehunter.com)
- Watching Gold and Silver Prices (goldnewsupdates.wordpress.com)
- Gold: Good Investment or Waste of Time? (visualeconomics.creditloan.com)
- Why You Should Invest in Precious Metals (epicafinance.com)
- Gold Rush Lifts Profit at Biggest Jewelry Maker: Corporate India – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Global Physical Gold & Silver Demand On Fire Amid Price Drop (etfdailynews.com)
- Protect Your Physical Precious Metals in a World of Paper Theft (dollarvigilante.com)