Emerging markets have borne the worst of the losses in the recent equity market correction and in this week’s cover feature Jonas Crosland closely examines the case for continued investing in this area of the market. Jonas also offers examples of the best ways to invest in emerging markets.
Amid all the chatter around the chancellor’s proposals for re-privatising the state-owned banks Lloyds and RBS, investors were almost taken by surprise by this week’s announcement of a £27bn shortfall in regulatory capital across the UK’s main banks. Our banking correspondent John Adams takes a look at which banks have the biggest holes to fill in and what implications it could have for investors.
Our award winning property editor Stephen Wilmot reports on the latest survey to come out of the retail property sector which suggests that the long period of declining values is over and the pick up seen recently could be sustained for several years to come. Stephen examines why this might be and highlights our top picks in the sector.
In this week’s funds tip, Leonora Walters cuts through the maze of UK growth funds to offer her recommendation for a fund which has beaten its benchmark over one, three and five years and resides among the top 20 funds our of more than 230 over those time periods too.
Car sales figures out of Europe made for depressing reading this week, prompting Lee Wild to investigate further. He came to the conclusion that the mass market euro-focused car manufacturers and their suppliers are in the deepest mire, but many others, including a number of IC tips, remain well placed for growth elsewhere.
- Where The Money Is Flowing In Emerging Markets (fastcoexist.com)
- Emerging Markets Storm On The Horizon? (blogs.the-american-interest.com)
- Emerging Market VS Standard Investments (theinvesmentman.wordpress.com)
- Arab Spring Redux in Most Emerging Markets, Losing Their Financial Religion (247wallst.com)
- Hey you! (thereformedbroker.com)
- Emerging Market Bond Outflows Worst Since 2011: 5 Main Reasons (valuewalk.com)
- A lesson from the Fed about the pitfalls of easy money (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hedge Funds Are Cranking Up Their Bets On Emerging Markets (businessinsider.com)
- Here’s Why The Fed’s Stimulus and Stock Market Rally May Continue (etfdailynews.com)
- The Red Sea has shifted…thanks to the Fed (planaheadwealth.wordpress.com)