Reflex Eco Group – Ghana News
by Samuel Boadi (local journalist)
This Blog is sponsored by http://www.reflexecogroup.com
Vivo Energy, the company formed by Vitol, Helios Investment Partners and Shell to distribute and market Shell branded fuel and lubricants across Africa, acquired a majority shareholding in Shell Ghana Limited recently.
Christian Chammas, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Vivo Energy, who was in Accra to talk about the company’s commitment to Ghana said: “With the addition of Ghana to our portfolio, Vivo Energy now operates in 16 countries. Africa is a fast growing continent and our shareholders will invest well in excess of $250 million over the next three years to take advantage of this growth.”
“Ghana is an important market and a growing economy, which is set to benefit from significant developments in the energy sector,” he said.
“We are acquiring a business with great potential, a long history in Ghana, a high caliber workforce, quality assets and a large and well diversified customer base. Vivo Energy is looking forward to serving all our customers and investing in the business to ensure that it realises its full potential.”
Fred Osoro, Managing Director of Vivo Energy Ghana noted: “Vivo Energy’s commitment to the Shell brand will not change. For our retail customers, our service stations will continue to be Shell branded and provide high quality products and level of service. For our commercial customers only the company name has changed. Vivo Energy Ghana will continue to met their business needs by ensuring the reliable supply of quality Shell branded fuel and lubricants and by building and maintaining an unrivalled reputation for safety, service excellence and technological leadership.”
Vivo Energy employs around 2,000 permanent employees and operates 1,300 retail stations under the Shell brand and has access to approximately 900,000 metres square of storage. The Shell brand has been in Ghana for 85 years being the leader marketer of fuels and lubricants. Vivo Energy has a storage capacity of nearly 11,000 metres square and 124 retail stations with majority offering Shell cards and convenience retail stores.
- VIVO Gets Closer To Dansoman Residents (thechronicle.com.gh)
- Vivo Energy Did Not Bend Or Break Any Rules (spyghana.com)
- Peter White is Heading to Ghana! (peterwhitemusic.wordpress.com)
- Ghana is to invest in renewable energy (spyghana.com)
- Ghana, Cuba strengthen relations (modernghana.com)
- International agencies link hands to help disabled boy in Ghana (giftofmobility.wordpress.com)
- Accra To Host ‘The Ghana Summit’ Conference (modernghana.com)
- Ghana To Produce 555 MW Of Power By 2016 (modernghana.com)
- Ghana 4th best African performer in fighting hunger – Index (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- Ghana Will Become Energy Sufficient By 2016. (spyghana.com)