This Blog is sponsored by http://www.reflexecogroup.com
Today’s market overview
Equities are steady this morning and The Trader Dominic Picarda remains positive, although he is cautious about over bullishness.
IC TIP UPDATES:
Simon Thompson recommendation. Sanderson (SND) says that trading for the year to 30 September was in line with expectations with revenues of around £13.8m and margins up to 87 per cent from 83.6 per cent. Recent contract wins and acquisitions mean management is confident of further progress despite fragile economic confidence.
Chime Communications (CHW) has agreed a deal to buy marketing business JMI for $70.6m and is launching a £25.6m fundraising to part-fund the deal. JMI is a marketing agency which specialises in motor sports.
Investment business SVG Capital (SVI) increased its net asset value per share by 3.5 per cent to 497.2p a share in the three months to 30 September and has now increased its net asset value by 27.1 per cent this year.
Avon Rubber (AVON) has been awarded two development contracts, with the Defence and Science Laboratory and oilfield services business Oceaneering. Both originate from VR Technology, the diving specialist equipment business that Avon acquired earlier this year.
Engineered ceramics specialist Vesuvius (VSVS) says that conditions in its end markets have not picked up markedly but that the company has been trading in line with expectations of late.
OTHER COMPANY NEWS:
Sirius Minerals (SXX) has completed the acquisition of a farm near Whitby which occupies land that Sirius intends using as part of its potash project there.
- Lord Coe’s Chime drives into US with motorsport deal (telegraph.co.uk)
- Lord Coe Agency Revs Up £50m Motorsport Deal (news.sky.com)
- Lord Davies steps up drive for women on Chime board (standard.co.uk)
- Chime appeals to FG to rehabilitate Federal roads in Enugu. (kaykayjabari.wordpress.com)
- This Week in Sirius XM Radio (fool.com)
- Why Sanderson Farms Shares Sank (dailyfinance.com)
- Selinsgrove Town Clock Chimes Again (dailyitem.com)
- Potash mine plan on North York Moors hits new snag (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Global deals secured for potash mine (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Whitby (simonjbrady.com)